View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #33
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I am right there with you. My dad owned a 3rd gen Camaro that I always adored, but I never owned one myself. I always thought the first car i would buy new would be a Camaro until they ceased production on 02. Now I am just very anxiously awaiting the re-release!
Yeah... in New England Camaro's have been relegated drag strips and high school parking lots. Very few people drive them around day to day.

I used to think it was because New England winters tended to keep people away from RWD sports cars, but SO many people drive BMW's around here that I have changed my mind.

I think the new generation of dynamic stability control systems have made RWD just fine for 95% of winter driving... and the other 5% you shouldn't be driving anyway!

My plan would be to keep my current MINI Cooper S as my commuter (a job it does very well) and drive the Camaro in the nice summer weather!

I am also tempted by the new Mitsubishi Evo X, but its just plain UGLY... and although I'm sure its FAST as HELL, I just don't think I could take looking at that in my driveway every day...

~CB
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote