View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-Vette View Post
If you do an internet search for "E92 ECM" there is a ton of info out there from countless people trying to hack or backward engineer for E92 and failed

Here is one thread
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...7s-future.html

E92 is not new, has even been used on the Cobolt SS, Dodge, BMW, etc

I know 3 vendors who make tuning tools and they all had to give up as the software is too complex.

It has to with the VVT, DI and DOD.

Other then that look at the early years of C4,C5,C6 and the first 2 model years had one PCM and 3rd year switched
Example for C6 the 2005-06 LS2 had a E40 PCM and since it was a short cycle some tuning tool vendors did not bother to backward engineer the E40 as it was not worth the support for just 2 model years

Now C7, 2014 model, well 2016 EPA requires 36 MPG so you can be sure again 2 model years and then who knows what PCM will be used

E92 is supposed to be a better auto learner to changes, if so and certain mods can be done with any tuning then it lowers the need to have a tuning tool and less tuner tool vendors will want to spend the R&D costs to backward engineer a 2 year E92 ECM

Add all the new LT1 changes, even CAMs as intake and exhaust valves have swapped locations vendors cannot do as with C6 and claim "secret" C6 custom CAMs that were nothing but 3rd party CAM grinds for the LS1/6

Now the 2,000 plus PSI for DI and DOD with VVT and you can bet very few mods will even exist to buy for LT1.

Exhaust, same deal as now there is another set of exhaust butterflies to prevent 4 cylinder exhaust drone and what now controls them and the ones in the mufflers.

I think it is clear that any thought as was done with C6s were brand new ones owners hacked/modded in first month is not going to happen with C7 and frankly with those new engine functions would anyone want to even gamble on mods and claimed hacks against their new car warranty ?
And being LT1 design is new and no vendors have experience fir it would you want to be their testpig or bogus claims ?

As I do custom tuning I can clearly say that the state this country has been in that far fewer C6 owners wanted any mods in fear of losing GM warranty and the fact GM now knows if their ECMs were hacked
cheers. i join the above post in saying thanks for the info... much appreciated.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote