View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
First off, the enter key is your friend

It is obvious there will be some 'lost sales' simply because the Mustang is already available and the Challenger will hit showrooms first, that is a no brainer. Agreed. Some sales will be lost, but it will not be enough to shut down GM.

Regarding the new look being outdated - I disagree. ME TOO. GM did this one smart IMO. they took the retro design one step further. The new Camaro isn't as retro as the Mustang for a few reasons. One big one is by the time it hits showrooms, the Mustang will be redesigned a bit, it will have more modern versions of the classic Mustang styling, something GM put a lot of thought into and already has with the Camaro. Agreed. The designer did an excellent job w/ this Camaro. I think it's the best generation yet. Of course, I still love the 1st gen w/ a passion!

Hurts Brand loyalty? That statement makes no sense. Most true Chevy/GM brand loyalists stuck with GM, they found alternative vehicles to roll. Some people will be discouraged, but a vast majority will stay true to the GM line.

The V6 version of the Camaro will be GMs bread and butter, it always has been and always will be. I'd say a good 66% of Camaros that roll off the line will be V6 models. Especially w/ the high performace bersion coming out, they are going to sell like hotcakes.

20 years later for a Silverado SS? WTF are you talking about? Yes, GM should have had a performance truck to market quicker, but they did it and it runs very well IMO. They should have done something like Ford did w/ the Lightning and Dodge did w/ the SRT 8...was that what it was called? Think it had the Viper V12 in it. GM should have remade a Typhoon or Cyclone and sent that puppy to market. Sure, they made an SS Trailblazer which I won't knock, but it's no Typhoon/Cylcone. They gave this entire area in the market to Ford and Dodge. Now, GM could make a few of these...after all, they could rebadge a Chevy 1500 w/ some sport panels and toss an LS2 in it so they don't have to build an all new truck. Heck, take it one step further and offer something that Ford and Dodge doesn't have.....an LS2 Silverado extended cab w/ 400+ hp. Don't build an "SS" Silverado w/ 340hp and call it an SS....I mean, c'mon..... Do it right and really push the envelope here. Ok, enough ranting here....

Premiums for the first year performance version will not go away, there are select few out there that will always want to spend more than MSRP to be one of the first on the block. Nothing wrong with that, it is the way things are I'll stand by and let them pay to have the first one. Meanwhile, I'll order mine from my current dealer and get a hell of a deal. If not, after selling me 4 cars/trucks, they will lose my business for life. I don't think they will want to do that. I'll get my deal and I'll be happy w/ it.

Provided GM holds true to the recent statement that the V6 Camaro will retail for about $21,000, GM has a winner on their hands. Are they late to the game? That is obvoious, but the Camaro has always outperformed the Mustang even thought it has usually cost a little more, the end up on top when the flag drops Yes sir, they will end up on top. Late to the game as usual, but will end up on top. It's like they wait to see what everyone else does so they can come back and do it better to steal everyones business.....the only problem is that the other two manufacturers are already ahead of the game in sales....

The Mustang styling is great, they are selling alot of cars being the only kid in the ball game, but GM is knocking on the door, when Ford answers they'd better be able to keep up the pace
Ford will try to answer, but GM will have already walked off w/ everyones business. There won't be anyone standing at Fords door....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote