View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 07:51 PM   #94
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooleyOnDeck View Post
I see an awful lot of pony cars (albeit, much more V6s than V8s) driving around on a daily basis to buy into the declining sales hype. Perhaps NEW sales have taken a dive, but I would relate that to situations like mine: I scoured the Southeast for a new 1LE and for the life of me could not find one that was 1: on the lot and not "in transit" or 2: priced way over MSRP due to "market value adjustments". I ended up buying a 2018 2SS 1LE with low miles, saved over 15K compared to new, and I'm perfectly fine with the 18.

I believe that dealerships kill the sales far surer than government regulations. Look up the price of a new Scat Pack
Government is pushing for EV's. They want to the public to believe that they are protecting the planet by "hiding" the fact that the bulk of the electricity being used to charge these vehicles is produced by fossil fuels and the manufacture of the batteries is a massive contributor to e-waste and has negative impacts on the planet. "Out of sight, our of mind"

With the manufacturers reducing / eliminating production, the vehicles become more scarce. Low supply, high demand, and general "stupidity" on the part of the public to pay these dumb mark-ups is why the dealerships jack the prices so high.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote