View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Don't use any kind of polish in the engine bay. The clearcoat is sprayed on much thinner, if at all and you'll rub right to the basecoat in no time. I'd know from experience, but luckily I did it in a small inconspicuous spot.

What you're most likely dealing with is actually a combination of water spots and calcium deposits, which is very common in the nooks and crannies of the engine bay due to water from manmade sources (which has lots of minerals in it) settling in all these areas of the engine bay over time from when you wash your car.

You're going to have to deal with the etching (if any), but you can still remove the white staining and the water spot itself with CLR from any grocery store. I've found it to be a bit of a miracle product when it comes to removing chronic water staining and water spots in the engine bay. It even works great on the plastics, provided you dress them again afterward.
Alright cool. Kind of crappy that I can't get rid of etching. But at least I can make it look better, Thanks!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote