View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
SulphurDave

Drives: N/A
I signed up finally!

Sorry but this might be a little rambling but it's my story for those who want to read it. I've been checking this site seems like a year now getting updates on the new Camaro but just never registered until now. I'm just really excited about this car.

I'm 28 and I grew up with my Dad who had a couple of 69 Camaros back in the day when I was about 5 years old. He ended up selling them but growing up he always reminded me of them and I always had a soft spot for those 69s. Well I grew up and eventually got into imports... boosted imports. Right now I drive a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S fixing to be twin-screw supercharged. But anyway... my Father recently passed away and I ended up getting his old 84 Chevy P/U truck that he's had since it was brand new off the lot. I decided to build a hot rod out of it in memory of him. A long time ago I made a license plate for him to put on his truck but he never put it on because it looked so nice. It was a picture of his old car and it read, "My Other Car is a 69 Camaro". Well after getting the truck painted I put the plate on the truck and that's where it's staying. I bought a 72 Nova drag racing car with a fully built 383 / TH350 and Ford 9" rear end and I swapped everything over to the truck. Now I'm getting that V8 fever.

Every since I found out about how they are bringing back the Camaro and how it's styled after the 69s I have been getting excited. So excited that I have decided to join the dark side. I'm getting this car when it comes out no doubt about it. Not only because I like how it resembles the 69s but because I will feel like I have a peice of my Dad with me being that he drove a Camaro when he was my age and I am taking after him.

Here's some pics of my truck (my Dad's old truck)

The license plate...

The way it sits now...

A quick photoshop of it lowered with wheels / tires...

A shot of the motor just being put in...

SulphurDave is offline   Reply With Quote