View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
The "1" denotes the legend within the RPO Code row. For example: Since an Automatic trans is optional, then if you choose a non-Z51 Automatic Stingray Coupe (1YY07) it will automatically include the 2.56 limited slip rear diff. If you choose an Automatic Z51-equipped Stingray Coupe (1YX07), then it will automatically come with the 2.73 ltd slip rear instead of the 2.56 rear. Perhaps the Auto trany's close gear ratios does not necessitate the need for such a low (numerically high) rear axle ratio.

If you stay with a manual Stingray Coupe (whether 1YY07 or 1YZ07), they all come with the standard 3.42 ltd slip rear axle.

So far the order guide only lists these three rear ratios... I recommend to wait until you can test drive an Automatic Stingray, both with and w/o the Z51, before deciding to opt out from buying a C7.

Yes it is. Personally, I'd want a manual tranny C7 anyway...
Thanks Stingray! Makes sense now.

My 08 Z51 came with a 2.73 as noted above. There really is a need for a 3.15 based on my own driving experience. After driving the lower geared car you just don't want a 2.56 or 2.73 gear car. And no manual tranny for me. An automatic with a loose converter will beat a manual every time and also much more consistent for ET racing. Don't want to be holding down a heavy clutch in this Houston traffic either!
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote