View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I haven't seen anything that suggested we have demo vehicles available - but it sure would be nice. As far as I know, the initial orders could be sold orders. There are always those that don't need to know the price of the vehicle and just want it - much like those that can find one available to buy and will pay ADM.

Every year when we begin the ordering process for the next model year, we never have pricing available. You order based on previous experience or in the case of a brand new car - a hope and a prayer that you ordered something someone will want to buy. This is probably one of the most difficult parts of my job, trying to determine what is the best configuration for ANY new vehicle that comes out. Will the customer want it fully loaded or something more conservative?? Once the pricing is announced you can tweek your orders to get to certain price points that make sense. It's a real challenge.

So just like Camaro's and most recently the ZL1, many were ordered by customers who didn't know what the final price was going to be. Corvette will probably be much the same.

Hope that helps.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote