View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #58
RickAz28

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28 (modified)
Dealers to squeeze

This morning I heard (actually read) that some Chevy dealers are taking money from some folks for the priviledge of being the first to order a new Camaro when ordering is available.
I am left to understand that some dealers hace accepted as much as $25,000. This does not include the MSRP for the car.
It is the same scenario that Chrysler dealers usurped at the launch of the PT Cruiser.
As we all know, Chevrolet (and GM) worst nightmares are with the franchisees.
In posing the question to Scott (Jeez, I hope that he doesn't mind my copy and paste) but here is what the man said about preorders, "...I would go to your local Chevy dealer -- and ask to be put on a
list.........do NOT give 'em money until you can actually order one."

Be careful out there, the greed is already beginning to smell.
I really want this car to be successful and the dealers don't give a damn.
GM needs to nip this in the bud, even to the point of threatening to buy back the franchise of the offending dealer.
One thing for sure, we-the Camaro crowd-can control this by NOT buying in to the morons, idiots, and mental defectives of the sales entity on the dealer level.
If you plan to buy a new one, take my lead-WRITE to your nearest Chevy dealer, and tell them-add on cost and we will boycott your dealership.
If they ARE taking orders right now, tell them they are violating GM policy and you intend on informing GM of that transgression-then watch the sparks fly.
Best regards
Ricky
RickAz28 is offline   Reply With Quote