View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 06:56 PM   #14
dlittle238

Drives: 2015 C7 Z51 Crystal Red Tintcoat
Have another dealer with authorized Corvette technicians assess the damage, write it up then name GM and the first dealer in a law suite. They will make everything right. It is negligent on their part to have anyone other than a certified Corvette technician work on your car. The key is you must have some sort of damage to make a claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1960 View Post
Took my Z51 C7 convertible into the local Chevy dealer for the 500 mile oil change last week. (not the dealer it was purchased from) I watched them out of the corner of my eye. They kept going to the internet seeing how to fill the system. Not good. Heard the tech say it only took 3 quarts. So they pulled the plastic covering off the passenger side of engine, then the driver side. They found an access point for oil through the valve cover. Put in the remainder of the oil there. They pulled my car around to the other side of the building where they handed me the keys. Oil all over the lot. I questioned them and they assured me it wasn't from my car. Pulled out of the dealership, car wouldn't go above 20 mph. Kept bogging down. Cloud of white smoke behind me. Parked my car about 400 yards from dealership. Oil all over the place. The oil tech came running down the highway followed by the service manager and head mechanic. In ending, they only pulled one drain plug but then filled with full amount of oil. Puked all over the place. They also used Dextos which wasn't correct. My car was Artic White until this. The dealership owner after discussing this with him told me he saw the whole thing go down, continued to tell me how this screw-up cost him money. He was worried about his few extra quarts of oil (now Mobil One) instead of my 80K+ C7. I called GM Customer Service and told them of what happened. I received a case number. I am worried about the long term affect of too much oil in the system. GM told me that's what warranties are for, 3yr. 36000 miles. No satisfaction as to what could happen after that warranty is up in respect to this screw-up. I hope no one has to encounter what I had to. Regards, Brian
dlittle238 is offline   Reply With Quote