View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Moose, I know want you mien about the “4 wheel drive Sh** Heads” as I like to call them. I drive a 99 Extended Cab Z71 and when there is snow and ice on the road I am always in creep mode. Hell, I get passed by cars and trucks all the time. I always say “ See yah in the ditch SH** Head” and most of the time I do…

This is what happened to me this morning on my way to work. There are a couple of nice curves on my road, one being right at the end of my driveway. Since Friday 12/01/06 most of West Michigan has received 8 + inches of snow. The roads are nice and slick. Some young high school kid on lunch, in his parents 2 wheel drive Lexus Cross Over hit the curve a little to fast and spun into the ditch. He was lucky. The buildup of snow from the roads being plowed stopped his driver side door less than two feet from smashing into a telephone poll. Furthermore, the buildup of snow kept the Lexus from a 30 foot plung to the stream bed bellow. Like I said, he’s lucky…

I had 8 minutes to get to work which is usually not a problem seeing how work is right around the corner. Plus, I am at the top of the food chain so being late for helping someone out of bind when it is snowing like a bitch out could be taking care of. I grabbed my tow strap out of the back and headed to the back of the Lexus. Guess what? Nothing to tie on to. The only tie on I could find is a little stamped steel bracket that Lexus uses to strap the Cross Over down when they ship them by boat or train. As dug in as he was into the snow bank that bracket was not going to hold up. I ended up giving the poor lad a ride to the local “Tow All” around the corner. Funny thing is I still mad it to work with one minute to spare…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote