Thread: What if?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
First off, it doesn't really matter when this car comes out, it will sell 100,000+ units in its first year. My concern is how it will do in the 3rd and 4th MY runs, but I am confident that it is a fresh enough look that it will do ok. I really believe pricing is going to be a key factor with this Camaro. IMO if they can come out with a V-6 model that they can price a few hundred less than a similar Mustang, then they will be set. I mean, lets be honest, the people who buy the V-6s are typically looking for the sporty appearance, not the power.

Either way, the Camaro alone can not make or break GMs future. Now if ALL of the zeta cars failed to sell (practically impossible) then there would be a crisis. I mean, over the past year GM has posted stronger and stronger profits each quarter without the Camaro.

As for the GTO... it was never intended to be a high volume car from the start, nor was it intended to have a long model year run...

EDIT: It looks like a few of you beat me to the punch about the GTO.... excuse the duplicated info.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote