View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 03:37 AM   #15
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
A couple things:

I think the only problem with the GT500 aside from the weight, is the dealer gouging on the car. It is amazing someone would think that 440 rwhp from a SAE rated 500hp for $41K is pathetic. Well $41K is what it is supposed to cost.

A GT500 IS NOT supposed to compete with a Corvette Z06. There is nothing more to say about that. Just because they both have 500hp does not put them in the same market segment.

The GT500 coupe still comes in just a hair under 4000lbs, it is the vert that weighs 4100lbs+. I'm spiliting hairs, but I'm being accurate.

The 1999 Cobra was overrated, but Ford implemented a fix, and it was indeed a black eye for SVT. However, that was the only year the Ford Mustang Cobra had that issue.

The 2003-2004 Mach 1 was rated at 305hp from the factory, but makes around 285 rwhp. So either it has only 6.5% drive train loss or is underrated. I'm guessing it is underrated. Just providing a counter-example to the claim that Fords are overrated.

I'm well aware how underrated the LS1 F-bodies were, but saying a car feels faster that it is rated is pointless. Your butt dyno is no more accurate than mine.

EDIT: I didn't join this site merely to defend Mustangs or anything, but being a guy that is involved with both the Ford and Chevy communities there is a lot of misinformation and skewed perspectives on both sides. I don't want anyone to think I am here being a troll especially since I haven't bashed the Camaro. I just might end up owning a new Camaro, but that doesn't change facts.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote