View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Just some insight into this. We elected to have a Museum Pickup on our 1999 Vette. It was around $500.00 at the time. We booked a flight into Nashville and drove to Bowling Green. I think it was Enterprise that had special one way rentals just for this purpose. Leave the rental at the Museum and drive your new Vette home.

We arrived at the Museum and checked in. They arranged for us to take a tour of the Corvette Plant across the street. You will NOT see your car or start your car at the plant. Your car is already at the Museum getting any final prep work done. They usually have someone from the audience start a car at the end of the plant tour. Usually it is the prettiest woman in the group so do not be disappointed that they not pick the line backer in the group. After the plant tour you go back to the museum and you get a personal tour guide that takes you through the museum. The guides tell you much more than you will find out on your own.

After the tour you go to a back room where you sign some papers and see your car for the first time. I think it is worthwhile to do once but not sure if I would spend the extra money to do it again. The museum is considerably bigger now than it was in 1999 and they have plans to add a major road track and drag strip next to the museum. If you have never been, then you should definitely go and see it at least once. Contact the personnel at the museum for any current information since mine is a little bit dated.

Thanks for explaining.

Adding a road track and drag strip?

Gosh i love

GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote