View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoPerla2010 View Post
hello every one, I have a 2010 Camaro 2lt with the RS package, I garaged it this winter and once a month I turn it on to keep it in use, last time I tried to use the remote starter it didn't work so I turned it on normally, this month it worked then in 10 it shut off, I tried it again and nothing, I started it normally but I notice today that my CEL was on, another thing I notice was that it took a while for the engine to warm up, usually it warms up quick and gets to normal temperture within minutes, today it took a while to just get to a quarter high in the temp gauge, I check the gas cap and it was good, does the CEL has something to do the car temps or because it has suffer some brutal cold weather and only been turned on once a month?, what could cause the light to come on?, I read that the remote starter dosent work when the cel light is on

Whatever is causing that CEL is possibly keeping the car in open loop. The CEL is what is causing your remote start to not work. Its a safety feature.

If you don't have access to a scanner, go to Autozone or your local auto parts store. They will run a scan for you for free. Don't drive it around too much with that CEL without finding the cause.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote