View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Camaro owners talking about blind spots? Heh.

Can't the blind spots in the semi be taken care of with cameras pointing backwards from the side of the truck and video being displayed on the side monitors?
Oh you mean like... Mirrors?
But seriously I would like to see side looking radar in combination with mirrors. Some have tried it but it's still a work in progress, similar to the FLR already on a lot of trucks. The main issue isn't going forward, it's backing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Given technology these days that can parallel park and back cars in automatically, I highly doubt this is an issue at all. I bet there are some tricks up their sleeve to address this and make it a non-issue. At the very least, cameras and tech that allows for backing like our backing cameras, and at the most, automated.

I mean seriously, you drive a camaro.
The problem here is that you have two separate vehicles articulating. The wheelbase on the trailer is also adjustable. If they have tech that can back a truck into a truck stop parking space it's a safe bet it's alien technology lol.

I don't drive a Camaro. I'm just a fan. I'd hurt people in that car the way I drive.