View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #17
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
Hadn’t thought about Buckalew, do they do a lot of Corvettes?
Bought a used C6 "Certified" from Buckalew back in 2014, they claimed to have replaced the air filter, cabin filter, even the oil & filter according to all of the service department check lists including the GM required ones for "Certified".

After I got it home that night, next morning I decided to check why my clutch was feeling funky from the drive home (long drive from Conroe to Katy), the clutch master cylinder was empty!! So, then I pulled the air filter, it was dirty and the original filter according to the date 2008 (car had 43,000 + miles, 2009 year model), then I pulled the cabin filter, it was filthy as well and original. I called the service manager at the time (Albert somebody if I remember correctly) to discuss what was shown to be checked off and/or changed; he stated that his records showed all of those were changed and the car "had to go" through rigorous detailed inspection and that I was wrong. So I asked him for his e-mail address so I could send the pictures (still have them), he stated that he was not interested and insisted that I was wrong! So I did the next best thing, when the surveys showed up from Chevrolet and Buckalew, I flunk them and gave them the appropriate ratings!

I knew I should have walked from the deal as from the start, their Finance Manager John Withrow was such an a-ss during the finance portion...he didn't like that I already came in pre-approved from BOA for the loan because they didn't do business with BOA and he profusely stated that he also didn't like them. He treated me so unprofessional, but because I really wanted the car, I just dealt with it. He wanted to to just join some local credit union to get the loan and then refinance it through BOA so he could get a discount in the finance rate to make some additional monies...

Sorry, two different departments failed me, so I bought my 2016 Z06 from Classic Sugar Land where I've already been treated professional and fair! Then I bought by ZL1 from Classic Grapevine because I was treated by the Sales & Finance Team very professional and fair. I realize that everybody will have their good and bad experiences with every dealer, just sharing mine with Buckalew. Here are the pictures for reference...

Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0964.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  239.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  112.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0978.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  127.1 KB