View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #411
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by khedge View Post
I feel you. I have been back and forth and I think am just going to get a 416 short block built. I just want to do once and right.
A built 416 would be sweet!!

Before I got the 2010 I now have, I was looking at the ZL1 when it first came out. I had the money together and was going to buy the car and send it straight to Lingenfelter for a bore/stroke, Whipple, cam, headers, etc., but I got in the game too late and couldn't locate a ZL1 (looked ever where). I sort of just forgot about pursuing my hot rod dream then one day I am poking around in the used car section of the Camaro Forum and found this 2010 Camaro in IOM, manual, with Maggie/cam/headers and a few other goodies. It only had 8000 miles on it and ended up costing less that half what I was going to pay for the modded ZL1, so I snatched it up and have been adding HP to it ever since, lol.

If a guy really knows what he wants from the beginning, he can save himself a ton of money by going all out and doing it right the first time. Problem is that many of us don't really know what we want and squeezing the oink out of our Camaro's is a learning process, whether you do the work or you hire a shop to do it.

GL on your 416 build. It will be a beast!!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

Last edited by BiggFoot; 08-18-2017 at 12:32 PM.
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote