View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 11:08 PM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab View Post
Mike,

Don't have an answer but I have shared your experience 2 times. Both times were with MT Street R's. 1st time entering Interstate faster than I should have and when I changed lanes from the entrance ramp to the near driving lane I really changed lanes. I decided to not 'lane change' while under power with drag radials. The second time was a passing situation with more power applied than should have been applied. It reminded me of my first experience but not before I tried to correct multiple times with radical moves in the direction of correction. My first reaction was to correct but I have added a new first step. LIFT. Until I finally lifted it was a hairy ride.

I haven't had the experience with my stock wheels and tires but would not rule it out in a lane change situation while under considerable power. Lots of power pushing straight ahead.

I might add that I sometimes drive with the nannies off and this could have been a contributing factor.

In my situation I blamed myself and quickly decided to take a lesson learned but there could indeed be an "issue" in addition to myself.

I'll be watching.
I'm pretty used to the DR feel as I pretty much daily drove on the 18" MT tires before. This is with the stock 20's and lifting really doesn't change it much until the speed goes down a bit. Normally a quick lift would fix everything and this is not the case right away. I can drive 60 mph steady and move the steering wheel back and forth and can feel it start to happen. Now that I'm sort of keyed into it I'll get some more drive time at the fest and see how it goes.