View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
If this is the case, we really need to push to have a "by-pass mode" for Track use, (where these safety software nannies are deactivated).

I'd rather be in full control of the car, instead of always having the threat of a unexpected "Drive-By-Wire" Event.
on Drag Radials I always go all off. Tried it both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
No issues with mine..... been up there pretty high...... only time I get anything close to that is early mornings, cold tires and roads........ but its just under really hard acceleration.... early into my drive....
yeah, I think I just have an issue to track down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Have you checked your rear rims for hairline cracks? Just a thought
Two different sets of wheels tried...
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
Also some members in warmer states with perfect road surfaces may not experience above as much.
I'm one of those people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
I have experienced this several times at the track. But it's not very consistent and would be hard to repeat. I am thinking it has something to with the surface of the road maybe? I have been on other roads (Westpark Toll) in Mexico making a lot higher speed runs and never felt the rear end getting loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
check the rear cradle bolts and anything that attaches the rear to the car itself. Check sway bars (especially the end links that have been loose on many cars). Get the car on a rack and see if anything else could be loose and not properly torqued. Mine feels stable, solid, and I have no squirrely feelings up to 100mph. I'm still in break-in mileage at 705 miles on the clock. The car sounds like it has that feeling like a rear tire is flat or under inflated which we know isn't the case.
Exactly my plan of action. Just putting a huge damper on my Fest activites, but those are normally limited anyway. I'm trailering the car there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
Note: Any low speed wobble is always a tire issue, maybe a separated belt or something.
Two different sets of tires.