View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #808
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

That has nothing to do with now. The GT500 will have to be faster than the ZL1 1LE. Which by default will make it faster than the GT350R. The Z28 costed a bit more than the ZL1 in the 5th Gen. But they ran almost identical times in the quarter mile with the Z28 being better on the track. That isn't gonna fly with the GT500. It'll have to be better at both to keep up with the Camaro if that is it's true competitor as you put it. And yes, if you paid $90K for a GT350R just to have the GT500 show up at way less and beat it at everything then that would be a burn.
I would say the GT500 has to be faster than the ZL1. If it just went straight for ZL1 1LE that would be impressive but I don't see that happening. Lately ford has offered variants of its performance models.

Example Boss 302 and Boss 302 LS. GT500 and GT500 Track Pack, GT and GTPP, 350 and 350R

I would assume an S550 GT500 would have a base model and possibly an R model just based on Ford's history in the recent years.

Ford also knows it has to come in around what the ZL1 is, they are not stupid so I would expect it to have a similar MSRP to the ZL1.

I still don't think it will piss GT350 owners off, if they paid ADM that is their fault. I would expect the 500 to come in around the same MSRP as the 350R in that 60K range.

Or they could really throw everyone off and just go chasing Hellcats lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote