View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #66
hlyshft

Drives: 1LE VS Boss (It's a family feud)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
This is what my stock pads looked like after 3 20 minute sessions where speeds only got up to about 105. Grease that the factory put on the ends of the pads melted and got down onto the brake pad surface, clogging them up. YMMV.

Wow, I was afraid that's what the stock pads would possibly look like after a really hard day. The grease definitely played it's part there. I can only imagine 5 hard 20min sessions per day after a full two day track event.

I'm sure the stock pads are going to hold up very well for aggressive street use and a lot of miles.

Quote:
In any case, I've decided to bite the bullet and take one for the team here. I ordered the Power Stop Track Day pads, 1405 front and 1718 rear sizes. Worst case they're throw-aways and it's not much money down the drain. I've driven on everything from Wilwood H, E, and A, to Carbotech and G-Loc, to Raybestos, Hawk, Ferodo, and PFC's. In a previous life I developed a BBK for the R53 MINI Cooper platform that's still in production, so I'd like to think I have a wide enough perspective to give helpful feedback.
Awesome! You seem to have a wide perspective on the different brands. Very curious to hear your thoughts after some track time with them.
hlyshft is offline   Reply With Quote