View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #11
blakjak55
drinks virgil's

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Apparently it’s not clean enough for the EPA. IMO it is ridiculous the attack on light duty trucks and cars which operate on diesel. First it was VW cars, now it is Dodge. GM and Chevy new diesel trucks will be next I’m sure. IMO this is clearly an effort by the EPA to eliminate diesel products in anything other than HD trucks. My truck achieved 29-31 mpg prior to Dodge flashing it during my last oil change, the fact that a full size loaded 4-wheel drive vehicle achieved that kind of fuel mileage was an embarrassment to smart car and hybrid technology presently being pushed.
Amen. I cannot come up with a good reason as to why we don't have turbo diesels available as an option in most models and sizes of vehicles produced domestically yet outside of environmental reasons. Personally, I think the environmental impact is worth it. I don't know if there's a fiscal reason from manufacturers or oil companies but I can't imagine that there would be. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I really want a factory 1/2 ton AND Suburban diesel.