View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #23
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
The ZL1 honestly, in my opinion, near renders the CTS-V useless, just like the Camaro V6 and SS near render the ATS/ATS-V coupe useless. Why spend the $$$? The better performing cars are cheaper!
You spend the extra money because a car is more than performance per dollar calculation. I love the Camaro but it simply won't do with 2 kids under the age of two. Not to mention the luxury car vs rental car interior (I'm kidding - don't take offense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhThugga View Post
The ATS and ATS-V have been overpriced from the start, just as the rest of Cadillac's fleet.
Overpriced compared to what? The ATS-V is a bargain relative to its competition.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...-s-comparison/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhThugga View Post
Which is why Cadillac has abysmal sales figures.
Please define abysmal? Clearly you haven't seen BMW's numbers YTD.
- Audi up 2.9%
- BMW down 10%
- Cadillac down 3.8%
- Mercedes-Benz down 6%

Really Audi is the only full-line luxury brand posting growth thanks to a strong and cheap crossover lineup.

Cadillac globally, sales are up over 20% thanks largely to China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Furthermore, since Camaro sales aren't doing that well, and Cadillac ATS & CTS sales aren't doing that well ... why in the world would GM create a Buick that would mostly just steal sales from its siblings?
Generally speaking NO cars are doing that well. The pony car segment is DOWN 10% YTD. Sports cars are DOWN 6% YTD and the premium sports car segment is DOWN 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Remember that Buick is China's Cadillac and that is why it never got dismantled like Pontiac.
No, Cadirack is China's Cadirack!

In all seriousness, Cadillac is on pace in China to eclipse American sales in the next year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Yet I would cross shop the living S#&t out of them. I'm sure its nice and fluffy in the Cadillac Alpha cars, but dollar to car ratio makes it VERY hard not to look at the Camaro offerings.
Performance per dollar calculations will never favor luxury brands. If you don't need/care about luxury then the Camaro is great bang-for-the-buck. Just keep in mind some of us buy those "nice and fluffy" luxury performance cars as second cars to fulfill broader daily needs.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote