View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #15
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
lol again cheaper is not a word to be using with wheels on a near 50k car inexpensive maybe but quality and cheap dont realy go hand in hand hre flowform wheels run around 3200$ retail and i would reccomend those because 1 i have them on my car and two they are a quality durable wheel you can daily drive on and also track on
HRE Flow Form wheels are cast wheels. They are not forged as far as I know. They are quite expensive for what they are. Don't get me wrong, HRE wheels are beautiful, but they aren't inexpensive. I'm not sure that I would choose them for a dedicated track wheel as it wouldn't be economical.

APEX wheels for example are also lightweight flow formed wheels that are less expensive. You can get a set of high quality wheels that are light and strong for around $1200. They are a good looking wheel.

I know where the OP is coming from with the experience from the M3 world where APEX are the standard in this segment.

Unfortunately I don't know the equivagent in the Camaro world because I've been using the stock wheels.

As another member mentioned I would suggest asking JDP or one of the other known vendors who track cars regulary in the Camaro market.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote