View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #4
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by max pl View Post
1. Whats the smallest I can go for wheels? Right now I run 18's on my car because of the largest selection of tires and because theyre cheaper.

2. How good is the TC system in adapting to a square setup vs staggered? Right now if I want to run square I have to turn of TC completely or else I get far too much intervention.
I know Chevy and Porsche have much better TC systems than BMW so I'd think you can square no problem in any mode.

3. Who are the best known suppliers of cheap/aftermarket wheels for the Camaro? I'm looking for something cheap at $400/wheel or less.

Thanks
The Cadillac ATS-V uses the same brakes as the 1SS 1LE and has 18" wheels. I think that would be the smallest you could run.

PTM is optimized for the stock setup. I don't think anyone has data to know how well it will work when deviating from that. Depending on how much you plan to change, you may be better off just getting a no option 1SS as a starting point so you're not paying for the optimized 1LE hardware and removing it.

With cheap aftermarket wheels, I'd be worried about weight and durability of them. It looked like JDP (sponsor) was tracking with a smaller aftermarket wheel setup, so you might look into what they were running.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote