View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #9
Agicon1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
MR 8 posts in California you have long tubes and a tune and cammed in CAL, how interesting you must know big stars like Shrek. Your fat in Camaro with more weight, your friend may just drive better and put the power to the ground, it sounds more like your not tuned well, I guess your trying to ruin your engine first thing, and you most likely don't have a torque converter for the cam either, and you yes should not have even driven it with out tuning it, tuning it costs for most $500 range for a dyno tune with HP tuning by a long time performance shop, a shop that you can trust changing the shift points in the tune was most likely done already but who knows what your torque management setting is, your AFR now and your total and initial advance and Idle which cammed should mostly be in the 950 range way up....... If you screw around enough on a untuned Joy Ride for that cam /engine who knows what carnage you could do, hopefully Knock Retard would save your bacon killing timing massively as its most likely what your up against. Or he just stuck a generic tune in for now from his library of tunes saved if he is a long time tuner, as a tune just for headers and intake is very different than cammed you may be limping by on it waiting fine tuning, and above all get it tuned ASAP is all I can say. Insist on them tuning it ASAP as your not in a position to rely on what tune you have.

Most limp a car to a tuner to get tuned after a cam install taking it easy on it, sure you may have a 160 degree thermostat and fans set to cooler but your stock cams tune will not be optimal for another cam and way off most likely as our stock cams specs and a performance cam are vastly different in LSA, lift, and Duration.

Yes he is a longtime tuner I think he did put a tune for now from his library is that bad? I don't got check engine lights on or anything but when I drive it when I brake it kicks then it stops he just never ran it on the dyno or changed my gears or anything
Agicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote