View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #103
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
Ok, 3 dealers later and I can admit when I was wrong. Msrp is as low as they will go. Was also told that no dealer knows of they are getting one even know they took my order. And I also heard the, I've got 5 guys lined up with check books the minute I get one on the lot
The "no dealer knows" is BS. The dealer can go on GM Global Connect and see if they can build one. If they can, they have at least 1 allocated vehicle. If they can't...well...they don't. I saw this with my own eye's, both scenarios. I wanted to go with a dealer that my good friend is the service manager and so I went in and sat down with him and the GM of the dealership. They went into GM GlobalConnect and had ZERO allocations and where not able to submit an order to the 1100 status. I then went to my fall back dealer, where we did the SAME EXACT THING, he saw he had an allocation, we built the car, and submitted it and got a 1100 status immediately. Dealers lie. They lie almost habitually. That is why I am posting me experience on another thread so people can see how it should work (I hope anyway).
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote