Old 07-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #16756
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Why doesn't GM do something like this?

"Power Pack 1, which will be available starting August 1 at a price of $539, includes a K&N high-flow air filter and nets peak gains of 13 hp and 16 lb-ft of torque over the stock GT's 435 hp and 400 lb-ft. At 1,500 rpm, torque improves by 40 lb-ft. For $949, Power Pack 2 upgrades to a GT350 cold air intake and 87-mm throttle body for peak gains of 21 hp and 24 lb-ft. Torque at 1,500 rpm also increases by 40 lb-ft. The GT350 hardware and adapter are available as separate upgrades without the calibration, priced at $539, and come with an industry-exclusive open air filter with a California Air Resources Board (CARB) EO exemption number. Power Pack 2 will be available beginning in September.

Finally, Power Pack 3 includes the GT350 cold air intake, larger throttle body, and a GT350 intake manifold. Those bits grant an extra 37 hp and 51 lb-ft at peak, and 60 more horsepower at 7,500 rpm. The manifold includes a CARB EO number. How much will those additional ponies cost you when Power Pack 3 arrives in October? A whopping $2,395."
Because they aren't the ones playing catch up, Ford is.

Right out of the box, a bone stock SS would still at least match GT with the performance pack & power pack 3 both at the strip and around a road course.

Or, to think about it another way ... GM is giving everyone the performance without nickel and dimeing them with options just to get it on par with the competition.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote