Old 06-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
Dont kill me....

BTW this is a novel.

But I traded my 2013 SS Camaro in on a new 2016 Wrangler 2DR.

Honestly, aside from (slightly) missing going fast and shifting gears, after two months and 3500 miles I am still loving my new Wrangler.

I've drove it to Missouri and back so far and found it to be more comfortable on long hauls than my 1LE. Rides pretty nice (about like an average half ton truck) though rough roads get it a little out of whack since solid axles just cant deal with the back and forth bumps like independent suspension.

Honestly it's getting about 18 MPG on the interstate at 74 MPH with one passenger and the back end full of camping gear. Averaging 18.6 right now going back and forth to work (6 miles each way, 35-50 MPH). Put an empty 5x10 trailer on it and it drops to 16.5 at 70 MPH.

Hood bounces at highway speed if you get by an 18 wheeler or in a cross wind. I was right along a storm on I55 in Arkansas and at one point the hood got to bouncing so hard I could almost hear it/feel it inside. It doesnt bounce far, the factory hold downs just have a little stretch to them. Folks say if you take the hood pop up spring off the bottom of the hood it will stay down tight and wont bounce an ounce.

Has a little bit of wind noise due to the windshield being vertical and having no insulation in the roof but to me personally it's nothing bad. Stock radio isn't anything to write home about. Not as good as the stock unit in my Camaro, thought the Alpine option in the Jeep rocks pretty nice.

Everything is easy to reach and pretty intuitive. No complaints in the controls and comforts department. AC is better than my Camaro and the heat is hot as hell. Mine is a basically a Sport model so its all basic AC controls and all manual seats but i do have keyless entry and power mirrors and locks.

Headlights are OK. You HAVE to drive around with the fogs on with your headlights or the visibility sucks. Lots of people make amazing LED headlights for the Jeeps.

Brakes are good. It's surprisingly stable given its shape and weight. It's no rocket ship but I have find myself doing 80MPH on the interstate because I wasn't paying attention and she wasn't trying too hard. I think the 1/4 mile time is like 15.4 seconds at 89 MPH.

So far commons problems I heard of is the top leaking if you don't put the freedom panels back in correctly, and then when they changed the oil filter housings to a composite material they started cracking and leaking. It uses a cartridge type filter on top. Supposedly the newer ones have a newer part number that doesnt have the problem. Also earlier Pentastar Jeeps sometimes needed a new cylinder head at 25,000 miles (I think it was passenger side almost always) but that was supposed to have been revised a couple times as well.

All in all I love mine and in research doesnt seem to have any more issues than anything else new on the road.

pics of mine...

This review is what I'm looking for, thanks.

What do you see real-world mpg at 60 with no cargo?