View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #84
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
I like the Mercedes and all, but I'd pick the Camaro for the same reason I traded my BMW in for the Camaro. Sometimes the decisions aren't about specs, they aren't about status, they aren't about performance numbers....sometimes you just buy something because that is what you want. I understand where the OP is coming from...I'm sorry, but you can pull a C63 AMG and a Camaro SS into nearly any parking lot in American on any given day, and 100% of the time the camaro will get more attention. I never had anyone video or snap pictures of my BMW while I was driving down the road, I've already had that happen to me in the camaro more times than I can count. (Reason 1)

The C63 AMG has been out for a couple of years. Two years from now a black Camaro and Black AMG pull into the parking lot together, no way is the Camaro getting more attention 100% of the time.

With CCW drag pack (MT DR) and tune the fastest on dragtimes ran 11.4 @ 121...the 121 trap shows you what kind of power the car is making....for reference my car with less than 10K of mods and NO drag radials trapped 123. (Reason 2)

You want speed buy a Ducati and save 15k

Its just me, but although I'm sure there are more amenities and more features..how much crap do you really need...all most of that stuff does anyway is to dilute driver involvement...and more technology to break. Also, I will say that IMHO I dont think the interior of my BMW was any nicer (or higher quality) than the Camaro....Plastic/rubber is plastic/rubber, leather (to me) is leather...Although the seat design was WAY more comfortable in the BMW. (Reason 3)

It is painfully obvious you haven't driven the AMG. No one would begin to compare let alone mistake the interior quality or the amenities the car provides.

To me, the price difference is greater than the quality/performance difference. Not to mention, the LSX platform allows much greater and less expensive modifications, and cheaper parts if you break something...So I agree with the OP, there is a tough decision to be made...I've already made mine.
Valid point about the bang for buck, but the C63 AMG allows for much more value for dollar concerning mods. Go talk to the guys on their forum, they will talk about the 1000 dollars to 550hp plan haha.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote