View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Hit 2000 miles and some problems suddenly kicked in!!!

Hey Folks.. hope you all are having a great time with your camaro. I am having a great time.. but over the weekend I noticed some issues that have me worried.

1. I started my car today and put in reverse and bam... got a "service rear vision system" error on the screen.. The guide lines disappeared. I immediately took a picture of it and have pasted it below for reference. I restarted my car and put it back in reverse and the error was gone.. But this is fishy.. and a quick search on line showed a lot of chevy vehicles were impacted by this. So anyone else have this issue? If yes, did you take it to the dealer and get it resolved.

2. Bad Bad odor coming out from the ac vents. I cant describe the smell but its like some food gone bad and it becomes strong it gets stuck in the head and only a strong coffee helped me get the smell out of my head. On my side the first thing I did was after parking my vehicle, looked down to see if the water was falling down from the ac. It is NOT. I can hear the droplets falling, but nothing on the floor. Makes me think that the water gets clogged somewhere and now giving rise to moss growth. Again I remember someone else having this issue. So please let me know what I can do about this. I cant switch on my ac anymore cause the stink is that bad. a car freshner isnt helping it.

3. Hill start assist. Never ever kicks in... not even on the freaky SF slopes. I was driving in the city the other day... not once did it kick in when the car was on an upslope and 1st gear. Now I get around it by just putting the e-brake on and when I need to move.. I accelerate harder and that takes care of the e-brake. So is there something you guys do to kick it in... I have got used to just using the ebrake and accelerating through it.. but I am not sure if I am causing excessive wear.

So guys please help me out. Let me know if you guys have had similar issues and how did you overcome them.
Attached Images