View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
OK, so the crap solid state switch used to control the rear reverse lights leaks current as everyone is aware. I toyed with the idea of adding a mechanical relay - which relies on current load to activate an electromagnet to trigger the switch which i have a pretty good idea would work since the current is what is really limited when the solid state switch is in it's "open" state. I saw 11.6v but very little current - still enough to drive led's though.

But the laziness got the better of me and I went ahead and got a set of 4 25watt load resistors and some artic silver thermal adhesive.

I figure 25 watt is enough for the rear because 1 halogen rear bulb was enough to bring the current down low enough to not drive my LED light in the other socket.

I'll use 2 of the remaining 3 load resistors on the turn signals up front ...which i was unable to trigger any calibration mode using the various methods I could find for various cars. None worked, still hyper flashed. Guess the only way to work with late model GM vehicles is reprogramming the bcm to not check ...which again. . laziness.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote