Thread: Oil loss!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #9
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliverSurfer View Post
So, I went to the dealer to get my oil changed and the tech mentioned that I was 3/4 quart low. I don't drive the car hard, haven't noticed any oil on the ground and havent notticed any oil in the engine compartment. I emptied my catch can about 1000/1500 miles ago and it did the seem to have excessive amounts of oil...maybe 2 Oz (2 shot glasses) after ~ 1000 miles. I looked at the catch can hoses and they didn't appear to be leaking and didn't see any oil around them.

I have a CAI Inc intake and an Elite Engineering can, outside of that is don't have any other mods.

Before i put the stock PCV line back in i wanted to check with you all to see if anyone else has experienced this?

When I empty the can, how much oil should make me wory?
I would keep an eye on it . But I wouldn't be to worried . A lot depends on how hard you drive the car .Do you have a Manual vs Auto . Manual trans can potentially go through more oil . My car goes through about a quart in 2500 miles . I just make sure to check my oil every couple of weeks when I empty my CC.