View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 07:51 PM   #73
ILBMF

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS '06 Mustang GT
The last couple of posts make a lot of sense. I pretty much am sure I like the looks of the Mustang better, but need to see the SS up close in person. Performance wise they are not that far apart especially since I am an experienced mechanic and have my own shop and can mod until my heart's content. I could see doing a few suspension mods, CAI, tune, exhaust or maybe a twin screw or TVS roots blower, but I am trying keep it simple on this one.

I am positive I will like the Chevy from what I see and hear so far. The question is, will I like it as much as I do the new stang because I really do like it quite a bit? Every year or 2 something better always comes out and I'm good with that. It's going to come down to what I'd rather drive for the purpose this car will have. Like I said, if I want to rip some asphalt, my blown stroker Mustang is the ticket and I love that car.

I appreciate all the responses and I will be looking to find an SS Camaro to test drive immediately. I know I ''lean Ford'' these days especially since the GM bailout, but I respect the product and have since my 302 Z/28. I have my dad's '66 427 Stingray coming to my shop for me to go over everything before paint and I'm fired up about that. That car will be mine when my pops is gone, hopefully a long time from now, but it is going to be mine. I'm just glad we are talking about such high performing cars because things really sucked since the 70's and it's better than ever now!
ILBMF is offline   Reply With Quote