View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #88
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
@whiteboyblues2001
i agree with you on near all things.
Performance data recorder as in the C7 would be a very nice option, indeed.
And for the 6piston bremboīs i hope they will deliver it as std. or at least an option to europe as the Ford sells itīs PP as std. in ALL Stangīs for our faster autobahn driving.
But one thing i will not give up to complain about it; the oldschool pushrodīs V8 from chevy. I drove the coyote some thousands of km and chevyīs V8 in a Camaro 2012 and that LT1 in C7 for only 1000km but i said it and say it again; these pushrods have good torque from the cellar but thatīs it, over 4000rpm it breathes hard and rev up to limit let me feel bad for it....for sporty driving i like the coyote better, much more lively. You dont feel the few hp left but a little less torque at low end of course with 1.2ltr left. Perhaps itīs due to our more sporty driving daily on autobahn why most europeans like a broader usable rev band more? Chevyīs fable to hold on on pushrods only! for the V8īs remembers me at the outgoing Ford policy where Mustangs came 10years with completely outdated life rearaxles. We have in germany some Mustang tuners and they did their best but never could match a modern IRS....a pushrod with same capacity as a modern DOHC will always have less power/torque, worse mpg and emission data. I remember my dadīsold BMW M6 from 2005 with itīs 5.0 n/a V10 cranking out 507hp at 7800rpm? i dont know anymore but these rpmīs are not possible with psuhrods and only 2valves/cyl. AUDIīs 4.2 n/a V8 in the RS5 cranks out 450 hp like the LT1 with 2ltr !! less capacity and i bet it is not heavier.
i was told to be a troll in that opinion but i dont care about that because facts always beats fanboys ;-)
I'm guessing you found out how heavy and big the AMG 6.3L (actually 6.2L) was and decided to switch to Audi 4.2L. Well, it is big and heavy, too. It also has a higher center of gravity and gets pretty poor gas mileage (wait, VW...even that number may be false)