View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
Congrats. The Stingray is awesome. You will love it.

[QUOTE=11SSRS;8458743]

1) do theses motors typically sound like sewing machines.. Specially
When I just rev it up a bit... Like valve noise?
>What kind of exhaust do you have? It looks like you have the NPP. Turn the settings to separate the exhaust from the drive mode, then you should be able to get a that throaty deep sound even on eco/touring.

2) how long tires last... Seems at 1800 miles front tires at edges look thin..
>Depends on what you're doing with them. They literally stick to the road. I'm no tire expert, so what I'm going to say will sound stupid, but they seem to "melt" to the pavement and stick. After a hard track session, you'll see bits of the rubber coming off and it'll feel sticky.
Michelin warranties them to 30k miles for regular driving. Track driving, I"m sure all bets are off, and it's just a wear item that you'll have to replace frequently. It's just a part of the maintenance costs that you'll have to write off.
You can change the camber of your front tires slightly if you're going to track it so that it won't wear out the edges so much.

3) these tires must be very soft because after a normal ride... I wipe it
Down... All black dust underneath....
>It's probably the brake dust. It can be very very dusty depending on how you're driving.
Either don't brake so excessively, don't drive so crazy (you're engaging the nannies to keep you under control in which case they are applying the brakes selectively), or turn off the nannies (which I really don't suggest if you're just learning the car as you'll greatly increase the likelihood of you losing control), or just get used to having dirty rims.

4) Is it normal, at times, for it to be hard to shift into 1st and little
Notchy going to second?....
>IDK, I paddle shift

5) BTW all recalls are up to date and have been done....

6) my FM RADIO says searching for HD signal but a lot of my channels Don't come in
>Does your HD radio work in your other cars? If so, take it in while it's under warranty if you believe your radio isn't working. (Personally, the sound of the car is the music to my ears)

7) last but least... What's a good detail product for these cars
To make it shine and protect....
>There are a lot of threads here on detailing, so I'd recommend searching them and reading them for a lot of information. I tried Mequire's and had ok results, but switched to Adam's and am trying out their products currently. Haven't noticed a huge difference between either companies. I'm sure people have their favorites.

Enjoy your awesome toy!
noname is offline   Reply With Quote