View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:16 PM   #20
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown13 View Post
Been following this thread with interest. I checked out the Mickey Thompson site today to see what I could learn about the ET Street R. Disappointed to learn that the 17" and 18" sizes use the same R2 rubber compound as the ET Street Radial II does. This leads me to believe the only improvement in grip could come from having more surface area (less tread on the tire) on the track, and how much more is unknown at this point. Will be interested in the results of any testing and/or real world numbers.
The ET Street Radial Pro is technically a R2 compound and it is for sure better at the track over the ET Street Radial ll. MT is making a more steet/strip tire to replace the ET Street Radial ll called the ET Street S/S. This new R tire will be closer to the Pro tire than the Street tire. More of a strip/street tire that will for sure perform better at the track vs the old ET Street Radial ll.