View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #70
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Jonny, most if not all of your current problems seem to be as much the dealership as the the car itself. Also, the dealer you bought it from sounds like they may not have told you the entire story during the sale, probably trying to move it quickly. I would suggest a different dealership before bashing GM too harshly. Greasy scratches, bad alignment and curb rash are results of careless dealership staff, not poor design. It actually sounds like someone there took your car and really hammered it. I would be curious to know the difference in mileage from when you dropped it off to when you picked it up - my suspicion is way more than it should be! And if they beat on your car, its conceivable the latest motor problem are more related to that than design/production flaws. There are, sadly, too many unscrupulous dealers out there. I would investigate them a little deeper, and get that second opinion. Something seems off with your situation
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote