View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #128
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
So they're only bad tires if their used as OE?
That's not the point. People pretty much drive off the lot with OEM tires. Auto makers have a choice of what tire to use as OEM. Pirelli obviously goes after that market.. Blizzaks are only installed by choice, after someone has decided they need a snow tire - So it's a totally different situation.... And I never said they were better than P-Zeros. You brought them up to cloud the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
As for Pzero's on F150's, got a link to that? I couldn't find anything about it. Seems strange to put a high performance car tire on a pickup truck, I'll agree with ya there, not sure tiny sidewall height would be good for payload and towing capacity either.
Nope. I don't need a link... I owned a 2012 Ford F150 FX4 4x4 pickup. I bought it new. Sticker was $52K... It came new with P-Zeros.

Perhaps they really aren't "high performance car tires"? .. Maybe they're just cheap? Maybe that's why the SS has a speed limiter because of the P-Zeros. Maybe "performance" got put aside to save several million bucks??

.. and maybe not. The P-Zeros are wonderful tires. Everyone buys them when they need new tires.