View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #53
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoSS View Post
[/COLOR]

well thats encouraging, and a testament to their level of quality. also i am fully aware that there are cheaper options but im afraid of the old adage "u get what u pay for" not trying to take away from lesser known companies. i am also aware that there are many shops that have the wherewithal to achieve the level of performance and drive-ability i am looking for. that being said im not afraid to explore other options ..... in the end, i don't want to be along side the road, smoke billowing from a hole in my hood due to a piston that decided to launch itself into the next county, saying to myself, i shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didnt... does that make any sense?
I get what your saying, but seems like for that price delta you could blow the motor and buy another.

However, you have to have faith in your build. I do nearly all my own stuff, but there is frequently doubt in my mind about a cut a corner, lacking documentation or the "correct" tool. After I get a some miles on it, that all goes away, but in the short term every little noise requires analysis.

Reality is that I'm confident I do just as good or better work than 90% of the shops out there because it's mine and I'm not losing money if I have to do something over because it's not quite perfect. When I do take it to a local mechanic for something I lack tools or time on, I am almost always disappointed with the quality of their work, so yes, having confidence in the guy that puts your stuff together is worth a lot.

It's almost like the making sausage cliché; we might be better off if we did not see the process.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote