View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #35
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
I used to get the same reaction when I had a 53 F100 as a DD. It was a half million mile daily driver work truck, and looked it.

People would yell at me for salting up a "classic".

Well, that classic was 95% original, just updated to 12v electrics and a front seat from something GM, I think it was actually the back seat from a 70's Blazer.... And I used it to haul scrap. Got the "Sanford and son" comment a lot too. It was painted Rustoleum safety Orange, had no radio, and the defrosters only cleared the bottom inch of the windshield unless you rolled the window down quarter way. It was no garage queen.

I got looks riding a chopped Sportster all through one winter because it was the only thing I had running at the time. Snow wasn't tough to deal with, but black ice was fun.

My Camaro is buried under a mound of snow at the moment, too many idiots out there hell bent on increasing my insurance premiums. The 94 F150 4x4 gets salt duty until the warm up.

But, if the Camaro was all I had to drive, I would have no problems driving it in the winter.