View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #14
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would suspect it is from going to WOT not from the controller allowing them to get a little more throttle response.......... I get messages nothing to do with REP because I have eliminated torque management in my tune...my messages are when I bang gears at too high a rev for conditions and break loose,, of course my engines built and I do not just go WOT or of course I shred tires.... and I just replaced the P zeros at 13k because the rears were at the wear bar almost and I never even try to burn rubber it just naturally looses traction some times if I launch....take off with too much torque..
Its a little shift from side to side as I have to go about 1500 rpm with the cam and a little too high and its going to do that. On a stock or less built Camaro where you do not have a idle of 900 and have to go higher to avoid cam surge or...bucking as some will call it I know on my Camaro before it was built and from the l99 I owned its a lot harder to burn rubber unless you do specifically try to stomp it to go WOT and well its frankly disappointing compared to having the Camaros engine built now and having to stay out of the pedal like every other hot rod I have ever built.

SO not having one ,( a vittesse throttle controller) ,as delay is tuned out in my tune I can relate to having messages pop up and imagine with torque management in the tune of a car yes the REP message would be annoying, I have to watch my driving as I can if aggressively driving get TC and Stabilitrac messages at highway speeds going from gear to gear while not ever going close to WOT, and get messages easy enough just getting on it from a dig.

The reason you most likely are not having a problem with REP warnings is you do not abuse and flog your car until the torque management has to take over especially in bad weather for your tires, and you do not have to have a throttle controller for that message to pop up, I know as do many others who have tested the limits of their cars, or have removed torque management in the tune. The controller simply takes a little bit of built in lag out of what is a system designed to have the lag for gas mileage and safety..its built into the potentiometer which resists electrical current and slows down the drive by wire signal.