View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #16
trackwhore

Drives: 06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
1st thing to do is decide what class you want to run in. This will determine what you can do to your car if anything. One small change can move you up a class where you won't ever have a chance of being competitive. Then as others have said, start shooting paypal payments for tires, brakes, event fees, hotels, gas, unexpected mechanical failures and lots of long hours between events in the garage. Also get ready to buy a dually, trailer and probably a storage lease to store all the crap between events. You'll need 3 sets of wheels/tires, one for rain, two for dry. Too expensive to flat a tire and not be able to finish the weekend.
Sounds about right.... Also till you get a tow vehicle and trailer. I would get AAA premier. I got 8 events last year. I blew up my T56. down for 2 months. decided to upgraded to a tr6060 with zr1 5th and 6th and a new clutch. 8k later. Then did a weekend. Then upgraded my race seats to better ones. 5 minutes after picking it up. Got tagged in my rear drivers side wheel. Another month down. Forgeline had to make a new wheel. Then since my car was down I decided to go monoball bushings since they where replacing the tierod, a arms, and bushings anyways. Then made it to a few car meets. Took it out to thunder hill on dec 20th and blew up the slave. So car is sitting in the garage for a while. The good news is Synergy is going to take care of it since they installed it less then 2500 miles ago. So get ready to be a little frustrated here and there. When the LS7 is happy its amazing. When its grumpy it makes you want to Have fun and remember seat time is better then mod time.
trackwhore is offline   Reply With Quote