View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #51
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
first the TR6 ix plugs are better than the stock plugs for eliminating any spots of trouble on the air fuel map of the cars engine in the ECU during a tune.... the price is good second as a dyno tune runs $500 and they are going to give you a tuner loaded with the tune it sounds like if you ever need to go back to stock... I would talk to them about this as a dyno tune does so much more than most handheld tuners with all the parameters that can be altered and changed. Look up info on the Tr6 plugs and you will after researching enough know they are the sole plug I would swap into my modded engine besides stock. Second the reason you are even doubting if its worth it is because you might not know of Livernois, If I had it my way I would have went there and I am in Oregon. You will have heard of other famous places like Calloway, or Hennessey, or others that I think Livernois's prices are better in many aspects for a build without all the stupid frills like custom badging, special decals and embroidered headrests for ten grand.......
Thank you for the kind words. We definitely approach it to be what we feel is a great value! We determine what we feel people should have to ensure a successful build without including things that add no performance or durability. We try to spend people's hard earned money the exact same way we would spend it if the car was our own. If the car doesn't need a clutch, we don't force one down their throat. If it doesn't need suspension upgrades, we don't either. But if it needs a fuel pump, it's getting one. These of course are just examples, but just some insight into how we approach each build. If we educate someone as to a part not being needed, and they still want it, that's their choice, so long as there aren't any negatives associated with it.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote