View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #66
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
There should be no rattle or rough shifting in V4 mode. There is a known problem that some torque tubes in automatic trans cars are bad and need to be replaced. Similarly, some infotainment screens are bad from the manufacturer and need replacement. These are not "normal" conditions you describe, and both items will be replaced under warranty. If your dealer is unwilling to do the work, absolutely find a new dealer!

The pulsing steering to me indicated a front tire out of balance, or perhaps a bent wheel. The pulsing in NOT a normal condition. Again, any dealer worth dealing with will be willing to at least rebalance the front wheels to rule that out, and replace a bad wheel. It is admittedly a little more challenging to balance a run-flat in some equipment but not impossible.

The body panel again should be a warranty repair if you can show it was that way at delivery. An inch of misalignment is NOT normal. The factory takes excessive care to make sure panels are within just a few millimeters

The water pump issue is a fluke, and I don't think you should hold that against the car. If more than one fails in a short time, it would be an issue worth pursuing.

Finally, the mechanical fuel pump does normally make a sewing machine-like sound but us usually not noticeable except at low speeds and idle with the windows down. The torque tube issue does create louder ticking or rattle that can sound like its coming from the engine. Replace the tube and I suspect the your engine rattle goes away too. Hope this helps some!

Overall, it sounds like dealership doing your service is the lemon, not your car! Go elsewhere - there are many great dealers out there.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote