View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #99
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I think Option 2 will be it. Yeah, for me planning will be key also. If we are looking for week day, Friday would be easiest for me. If a weekend, just finding a weekend day that there is not a major planned event for either of us. I need help developing the right combination of lifts/moves to get me where I need to be, knowing how to make changes to it as I progress & preventing injury (as much as possible).

My problem issues are: First, that I have had surgery X3 on my left wrist for ganglion cysts. It was many years ago and not involving the structure of the wrist but that left wrist is pretty weak.

Second, I have had 2 cesarean section deliveries (the last 21 years ago so again well healed) but the first one was emergency so it is a vertical incision from navel all the way down. Which means that everything from outer skin, through muscles through the outer wall of the uterus was severed & are now joined by shared scar tissue. My abs are strong, I can do endless numbers of crunches without giving out, but due to the scar there are pooches on either side of the scar that I want to minimize. I suspect I need some changes to how I train my abs as I often have lower back pain (worsened by standing for even a few minutes but especially for long times) that tends to improve some with stretches & ab work. And I have a problem with pooching my tummy out when I am at ease which looks awful though when I consciously pull my abs in, HUGE difference (greater than normal) and that is upper abs. I try to keep them pulled in but every car show I go to I get caught in a pic with that big round tummy showing.

The 3rd area of caution is a history of knee injuries. I have had breaks to both knees one of which was quite serious. There was a huge chip out of my knee right where a key tendon attaches. I was told in the ER that at any time in my life it could just let go. I feel twinges of pain occasionally in both knees when working out. I have discovered that it helps to wear Bicep bands on my knees (I observed female basketball players doing this).

Everything else is strong.
First thing we need to do is correct your self talk....stop telling yourself I am limited because of XYZ....stop saying things like...."I have weak knees"...instead replace that with "through my hard work my knees are getting stronger everyday"...But FYI Monique is an in home physical therapist for the elderly. So if you have questions about past injuries and how weight training will affect them, just ask her.

2nd I understand about the C section....Monique had one when she had the twins 11 years ago....same as you describe. And, again, I'll never lie to you......there can probably be some improvements made but the loose skin will have to be surgically removed. That's really the only "bad spot" on Monique...combined with the weight loss and the c section....she has pooches. Next year she plans to have a mini tummy tuck to get rid of a lot of it. You have low back pain because you have a muscular imbalance and a weak low back. You can do endless numbers of crunches? What about 45 degree back raises?

Monique often times thanks me so much for "changing her life". I didn't change her life....I just gave her the roadmap. She's the one that chose to properly eat and hydrate, she's the one that got up at 4:30 am to sprint and went back at night to do weights, she's the one that charted her workouts and constantly pushed and tried to improve.

That's what we will do for you. We will give you the roadmap....it will be up to you to choose which path to go down.

Probably a Sunday would be the best and I am thinking after football season starts. Gym is the least crowded on Sunday's and even more so after football season starts. And the Sunday that would work best for me would be October 12th.....6 weeks out....give you time to plan and commit, give Monique time to plan for the kids, and I will be on my way to AK so it's on the way.

If that works for you, go sign on the dotted line, and start immediately (meaning right after you join) and we will see you soon

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote