View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #142
homero89

Drives: 1LS
I find it a little hard to to believe this story so I decided to try it out and post some pics. I'm 5' 7" and theses pictures were taken with my seat in my normal driving position. The steering wheel was as far down as it goes. My leg is in 3 different positions in these pictures.

First 2 pics is with my foot on the accelerator like it would be when I'm driving.

Second 5 is making my knee touch the keyfob, which I found to be somewhat hard to keep in position. Its not an easy position to get to and its not easy to stay there. Some pictures seem like I'm touching the floor, I'm not, there's a good 6 inches to the ground or the gas pedal.

Last 3 is with my leg comfortable back straight about 90° from the ground.

Now I know I'm not a tall person and I have short legs. But it would seem to me that if a person has longer legs, they would have longer arms too, and would sit further back. Which in turn would leave their knees in the same general vicinity as mine when driving, if maybe a few inches further back, not up. Now in the video it seems OP has his legs straight up parallel from the ground, which if he has long legs then I can see him hitting the keyfob, but then it goes to, if you're driving why are your legs 90° from the ground and not extended to touch the accelerator?

Maybe some of you taller drivers can post pics on how close you get to the keyfob?
Attached Images

Last edited by homero89; 08-04-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: There yall go, no more hairy legs lol