View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1Le View Post
Thanks for the word of encouragement PurpleRacer!

I have already went over there and asked for his certification in which he had it posted on his wall. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it is something simple to fix. I just have my concerns about the local mechanics in this area. When I went by yeserday they had dropped the exhaust system down and were already starting on pulling the motor. I will keep everyone updated as we go along thanks!
I had a problem with my stingray and it turned out to be the bearings, the tech tore it down and had the whole engine on his work bench. I saw it and the bearings were in bad shape and of course the crank was damaged. They ordered all parts to rebuild the engine also I found out all bolts are a one use only and need to be replaced. GM was having trouble supplying all the parts and after a couple weeks decided to send a new engine, after I filed a formal case. All is well now.

So no matter what they do you are totally covered, just let the dealership do what they need to do, however, if it is a major engine problem and the parts are hard to source insist they have GM send a new engine.

If parts are not sourced within two weeks call customer service and file a case, that will get things moving, your dearler is dealing from the bottom up, with a filed case you will be coming from the top down.

Good Luck
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote