View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #35
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Absolutely drive your C7! Here's the worst thing that could happen if you don't drive it. This could happen to you.

You keel over (probably from all the excitement over this great new car - that, and too many corn dogs and Buds). You girl friend or wife inherits your C7. She finds a new guy, and he drives the heck out of it.

The lessen here is if the above happens, the new guy gets a well-worn car, and apply this same principle to you your significant other.

There's this Mustang guy I know who hardly drove his new car and he died. There's this other guy I know who hooked up with his widow and now happily drives the heck out of the new Mustang. Now, maybe this only happens to Mustang guys, but it does give one pause to ponder.

Don't let this happen to you.

I have thought about this - not too seriously - but I have thought about it. I have a wonderful and devoted but very smart, personable, and attractive wife. She is 68 with the trim and attractive figure of a slim 20 year old. She is a man magnet - even to guys decades younger than her. So, I have no illusions that she shall continue to sit at home and grieve the remainder of her life when I am gone. She'll have property and money much of it thanks to me, and with her good looks driving around in my C7, guys shall flock to her. Yes, I would want her to be happy after I'm gone (so say we all and half mean it,) but not THAT happy with some other guy driving the heck out of my C7! And, so, there is no way I'm going to preserve a mint C7 for the next guy.

The bottom line is that if you are thinking of keeping your C7 mint, also think about the worst case scenario after you're gone (hopefully not divorced where she gets the car - but that's another subject) some other guy driving your C7 with your best girl at his side, and you'll drive it and drive it and drive it as shall I.

Thoughts and words to live by and hopefully not die (or divorce) by.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-26-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote